Seating for active learning classrooms
Recently, the news program 60 Minutes visited renown global design firm IDEO to learn about design thinking, meeting with one of the most influential innovators of our time, co-founder David Kelley. See the interview, where Kelley describes IDEO’s partnership with Steelcase to reinvent the classroom and spotlighted Node seating.
The Node chair is mobile and flexible. It’s designed for quick, easy transitions from one teaching mode to the next. With Node, a classroom can transition from lecture mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Benefits & features
- Casters lend mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students
- Personal worksurface swivels in tandem with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students’ digital and analog resources.
- Tripod base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle
- Five-star base provides seat-height adjustability
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand free up worksurface area for books and other technology
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing makes node an easy choice
- Tripod with storage or five-star with seat-height adjustability
- Five-star base is also available in stool height.
- With, without worksurface
- Seat shell: 21 color options, Base: 3, Worksurface: 5
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand available
- Hard & soft casters and glides
WATCH: Indiana University Node Video
WATCH: Educators say creative furniture promotes better learning