The quality of people’s experiences and the human dimensions of healthcare are more important than ever before. As active participants versus passive patients, today’s consumers of care are transforming past norms, driving rapid change across the industry.
When patients have ownership of their surroundings and feel connected to staff and loved ones, an environment is more capable of healing. At Franklin Interiors, we divide the patient room in three zones.
- The patient zone, which includes bed and overbed table.
- The staff zone, with a sink, sanitizer and counter.
- And the family zone, where visitors can comfortably spend time.
- Access is key: caregiver access to the patient, patient access to the bathroom, and access for everyone to vital information. Each zone helps determine the most efficient and appropriate way to orient a space.
- Insight OneIn the patient room, consider the needs of its three primary users: patients, family members and caregivers. Patients need a place to store personal belongings, cards or flowers. Visitors need to be fully present without being in the way of staff. Caregivers, located toward the room entrance, need to work efficiently and connect closely with patients
- Insight Two
Lighting must meet the comfort needs of the patient, and the work requirements of the staff, especially at night. Consider zoning light sources.
- Insight Three
Consider providing space at the patient room threshold for activities such as charting, temporary storage of supplies and equipment and impromptu meetings, without blocking the corridor.
Planning Ideas – your resource to help inspire, envision, and plan patient room solutions (scroll down for patient room options)
How Space can Improve the Healthcare Experience
Exam Rooms that Empower People
Patient Rooms – Insights and Application
Pocket Kart – Pocket™ moves the healthcare experience forward—in any environment
Pocket for IPAD – The best mobile platform for technology just got a little better. Now Pocket™ is available with an arm designed to hold the iPad® tablet
Plyfold Folding Chair – Comfortable guest seating, ideal for patient rooms
Replacement Exam Table Tops
Empath Recliner – Empath is designed to reduce the stress and potential for injury all users.
Privacy Wall – Privacy Wall is a steel-frame, high-performance, moveable wall that offers an aesthetic alternative to the aluminum-frame construction of Privacy Wall GS
Encore Wall System – This robust wood frame lets you arrange functional and decorative tiles in any combination. But it also allows for custom-designed backdrops, angles, curves and backlighting that make design possibilities extraordinary
Media:scape – Boost collaboration across the table or across the globe.